|Price per person:|| $195|
|Length of class:||three hours|
|Version covered:||for Office 365|
In this three-hour session for Windows and Mac users, you will learn how to efficiently produce long documents. You will assemble subdocuments into a master document, add footnotes, cross-references, bookmarks, and a cover page. You will also learn how to make Word do the work of building your table of contents, table of figures, index and bibliography for you automatically.
This class is ideally suited for people who have attended through our Word Advanced 1 class or who are comfortable performing the skills taught in that class.
Assembling a Long Document
Printable Course Description
- single vs multiple document approach
- using outline and draft views
- creating a template
- attaching the template to subdocuments
- creating the master document
Footnotes and Cross-References
- using footnotes and endnotes
- creating cross-references and bookmarks
- inserting cross-references
- using bookmarks
Cover Pages and Reference Tables
- inserting a cover page
- creating a table of contents
- adding headers and footers with page numbers
- creating captions and a table of figures
- citations and table of authorities
Index and Bibliography
- marking index entries
- generating an index
- inserting citations and bibliographies
Quotes from our Word students
- "I truly enjoyed your training and feel your classes are amazing and informative. The time and patience you take to teach your students is exemplary. I've been to a few trainings in my 38 years of service to the county and found you are the best I've attended."
- Sandy Contreras Rodriguez, LA County Hall of Records
- "Tim is an excellent instructor and I learned so much from him during my session. I wish I had that course in high school and definitely before writing my 6 chapter, 100+ page dissertation. Oh well, I know it now. Definitely the best course I have ever taken."
- Tepring Piquado, PhD, Neuroscientist
- "I came to you after having failed the tech test at a job interview, a job I really wanted and needed. The head of the company said he would be willing to re-test me in September, when they would actually be looking to hire someone.
I then found your website and after just one lesson with you, it was as if the clouds had parted! I knew I had found the person who could help me accomplish my goals. I went on to take several more classes at Accelerate and I GOT THE JOB!! I start on Monday, and I know it wouldn't have happened without your instruction, Tim. You were so good and patient, you really give it your all - and your all is awesome!"
- "Superb class. Tim did a wonderful job in explaining each procedure slowly and distinctly. He also reinforced the learning each step of the way by careful review."
- Accelerate student
- "Tim explained everything well. Excellent instructor, patient with questions and thorough in going over everything enough times even for the least experienced user."
- Accelerate student